Below is clarification of clothing, jewelry, or hairstyles, but is not limited to the following:
- Shoes must be worn at all times. Special purpose shoes that may pose a safety hazard, such as "Wheelys", "Heelys", flip flops and high-heeled shoes are not permitted at school.
- Jackets, coats, hats and other headgear are not to be worn in school by male or female students without prior administrative approval.
- Shorts and skirts should extend to finger-tip length (finger-tip length is determined by having the student stand with their arms fully extended downward at their sides).
- Shirts should be long enough and pants should be high enough that one’s stomach does not show. Spaghetti straps, halter tops, bare shoulders, bare backs, low neck lines, etc. are not appropriate for school. Pants should be worn at or above the hip bone and covering all underwear. Clothing should be free from holes. Shirts that cover leggings must be fingertip length. No pajamas will be permitted.
- Clothing or accessories which draw negative attention to the individual are not permitted. Students should not wear items of clothing which advertise or promote actions or products which are illegal or against school rules. This includes, but is not limited to, the mention of alcohol, tobacco, and other controlled substances, obscenities, and cartoons or captions of a sexual nature. Symbols or slogans which may be considered racist or ethnically derogatory are not to be worn to school or school events.
- Earrings are the only body rings permitted. Rings or spikes placed anywhere such as through the nose and tongue are prohibited.
- Appearance, including dress, make-up, and hairstyles, deemed disruptive to the educational process will not be permitted. Hair color must be a natural color for hair (blonde, black, brown and natural red).
- It is expected that while at school or at school functions or activities, students will not wear, possess, use, distribute, display, or sell any clothing, jewelry, emblems, badges, symbols, signs, graffiti, or other items deemed to be evidence of membership or affiliation with a gang.